Sunday, November 21, 2010

Do you think it would be fun if Nascar raced semi's?

i thought about this today. the rigs that haul their races look pretty sweet. i wonder what it would be like if they raced one of those things.



i'd like to see how the pit crew would deal with something like that. when changing tires, would they push it along side they do now, or would they have to forklift them?



what do you think of such thing?



the only real downside would that it might be dangerous to something like this, is that those safer barrier walls may not be able to stop something that big going too fast if it should happen to crash.Do you think it would be fun if Nascar raced semi's?
Jay mentioned GATR, but there was a more recent re-invention of the racing semi. It was called STRANA, or Super Truck Racers Association of North America. The bad thing about it was that it was going to be road course racing, and would race in conjunction with the ALMS (American LeMans Series). Unfortunately, they never really got it off the ground. They did have some ';big names'; run the trucks in some exhibition races, such as Brian Simo, Boris Said, Ron Fellows, and a few others.....all road course ';ringers.'; I really wish that they had gotten the series going, as I was going to move up from off-road to the Super Trucks. STRANA folded in 2002. I think their website is still active, but hasn't been updated in like 6 years. If you do a google search for STRANA, you might be able to access it.Do you think it would be fun if Nascar raced semi's?
It would be too spendy and not that exciting of racing. They DO have tractor races somewhere though, I've seen a clip of it. Taking old buses and racing them is kind of cool, especially when they do it on one of those figure 8 tracks.
I'd admit that would be fun to watch. I dont think the teams would let the rig's that carry the cars to the tracks race. But having a more affordable version race would be cool. But like you said I think safety would be a big concern, to fans and the drivers.
I remember back in the 70s, maybe early 80s there used to be GATR (Great American Truck Racing) This used to be awesome to watch. I don't remember how or if they did pit stops. Yes, I wish they would bring real truck racing back! I would be into it. Watching the trucks race on road courses in Europe is pretty wild.
It would be interesting and fun to watch, but I don't think Nascar should start funning semi's.
I remember watching some of those events on TV back in the Past and Bert Reynolds driving on in Smokey the Bandit. They wouldnt fit to well on the Short tracks though!!!!!
I remember one !!!

Held here in Atlanta, back in the mid 80's !!!! Didn't go personally... but they've had it before.
Interesting concept. It would be kool to watch, but the ';big one'; would really be a BIG one. Like Steevo said, I have seen tractor races before, but not lately.



Go Jr.%26gt;%26gt;%26gt;%26gt;
no
especially if they were pulling their trailers.
I went to one at Atlanta one time. When they would wreck I thought they were going to tear down the walls. It was fun to watch. Not many trucks started. I think it was around 10 or 15. Also there was alot of blown tires. I think there is a tour in Europe that races them now. You could probably find it on line somewhere. Maybe on some video web site. hint,hint.

No comments:

Post a Comment