Sunday, November 21, 2010

Changed the tires on my car? how much of a difference will it make on my speedometer?

stock, they were R18 225. i changed them to R18 245.



If my speedometer says 60, how fast do u think im going w the new tires?Changed the tires on my car? how much of a difference will it make on my speedometer?
You need to provide the profile size.



Use the calculator at:



http://www.1010tires.com/tiresizecalcula鈥?/a>Changed the tires on my car? how much of a difference will it make on my speedometer?
You forgot something! The middle number will tell us the answer. Is it 45, 50, 55, 60, 65 or 70? Even an old woman like me knows there is a middle number.
i need to know the sidewall off the tire. your tire will say stock 225/?/18 and new will be 245/?/18.
I'd say 60 is still just about 60. The change from 225 to 245 is a change in tire width, not diameter. Speedo readings won't be affected.
easist way to be sure, is just try it out.



Either go through a measured mile, have someone pace you, or get a gps/nav-they all usually have speedometer function that is pretty accurate (especially at higher speeds)
it might not or it might i went from r15 265 to a r16 44x19.50 and it was only 5 mph off so it just depends take it some engine electronics place and have them set it correctly

No comments:

Post a Comment