Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Should I change both tires or is one ok?

I have a 2007 Focus with about 20k on it. A couple months ago I picked a screw up in my front driver's side tire. I got it patched and now it's losing air again. I know I need to replace it, but I have a few questions. First, how much will a tire cost (approx) for that car? Second, do I really need to replace both of the front tires, or can I just change the damaged one? I think I need an alignment too but I'm not sure what those run. The car pulls somewhat, but I'm not sure if that's just because of the low tire. Any advice is appreciated, I don't wanna get screwed when I take it in.Should I change both tires or is one ok?
Tire prices vary, but you can replace just one if you want. The thing to remember is, the two tires on the drive wheels (in your case the front) should have the same amount of wear, so move the rear tires to the front.



If you run a worn tire with a new one on the front, there will be a small difference in diameter, which will cause the axles to spin at a different speed. This will cause unnecessary wear on the internal planetary gears over time.Should I change both tires or is one ok?
I'd get the tire checked again- if it can still be repaired go for it.



That being said I'd replace two to keep it even, then get tires rotated and balanced and aligned.



You should get tires rotated every 6 months (with your oil change) and alignment done I'd say yearly. I do this with my car- I do all the maintenance that came with the manual and in three years have not had ONE problem with my car.
With just 20k on the car you can just have one tire replaced. Probably around 100 for the tire mounted and balanced. I would take the tire back to the place that patched it mabey just the patch is leaking. If you have a low tire on the front the car will pull to the side that the tire is low.
If the tire in question still has a good tread depth to it, you shouldn't bother replacing it. If you want, you could rotate the back tires to the front and increase the wear time on the tires.



The cost of new tire varies but plan on $80-$100 each.



Properly inflate the tire and see if the pulling goes away.
If you just put one tire on put it on the back then when you have the money you can replace the other side before you rotate them to the front. You should really replace them both at the same time but it will work as long as its on the back.
Car tires on average last about 50k miles. I think you should buy 1 used tire. But buy the exact same tire you already have, make sure it has about the same amount of treading. A used tire would cost 30 to 40 bucks.
if the other tire is still good then all you need to do is change the bad 1. price wise? i guess it depends on where you get it at. some places are cheaper then others. i get my tires at wal-mart and i pay around 40 dollars each for them.
only change the damaged one,.a brand new tyre could cost about,hmmm 60-70 euro,you could pick one up cheaper than that if you looked..im sure the car is only pulling because of the low pressure in the tyre..
replace both the tire tread has to match or you will feel like your driving a tractor







http://www.google.com/search?q=car+tires鈥?/a>
It pull because of the low tire, however, you should replace two tires, the rear ones and put the rear ones on front.
it's always good to replace both side, but since you only put 20k on the car, then change only one side, becuz a tire life span is about 50,000k, so your other 3 tires should be ok...
You don't need to replace both. A cheap new tire will cost about 60-80 dollars with installation.
One is fine but please don't buy a used tire..........
you should need to change all tires because they all have the same mileagee on them!!!!!!!!!!!!
It depends on the tire size, my 17' ones were $35 each USED.
  • hair spray
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment