Sunday, November 21, 2010

I just popped two of my tires what should I do now?

My friend was driving my lincoln town car too fast and the street was wet and we hydroplaned and hit a curb and both of my tires popped we parked my car but we cant drive it to a tire store or anything. I know how to change a tire and take them off. But what should i do now? i have one spare tire.I just popped two of my tires what should I do now?
Jack up one side take the tire off. Put a block under the axle or a arm. and then remove the other tire. Take them to a tire shop. If you don't know how to block up one side take one tire at a time to the tire shop. Other wise you will have to have it towed to the tire shop. they may be able to fill the tires if they weren't damaged. If they are damaged plan on spending at least a hundred dollars for new tires. They should be alright. And remember Speed Kills.I just popped two of my tires what should I do now?
Call a tow truck!
You will need to buy new tires. I love AAA for stuff like that. They will tow you to the shop where you can buy what you need, be it tires or tires and wheels..
Put the spare on the front and drive it very slow to where you can get another spare or beg borrow or steal another spare,,ok thats a last resort if You dont have AAA
Jack the car up, support it on jack-stands, take both wheels to a tire shop for new tires. (Don't forget to 'break' the lug-nuts BEFORE you jack it up) If you don't have jack-stands, a cinder block laid on it's side will work
If you dont have AAA and you dont want to spend money on a tow truck, Take one tire off and put on the spare. Have someone take you to a tire shop and get a new or a used one. Go home and put in where the other one is flat and then drive it back to the tire to fix the other one. Depending on where you go, new tires are about $80 and if they have used, no more then $40 installed.
Experienced thesame thing, try to call or contact a tire manufacturer of tire makers, some of them has this express line wherein you can request for tires and let them deliver to where your location is.. like deliveries. this was what i did.

No comments:

Post a Comment