Sunday, November 21, 2010

Cycling Turbo Trainer - when to change the tyre, I use the same bike in and out?

I use my bike on the turbo trainer after a commute home when its too cold/late/dark to do anything else or when I havent got enough time to go out, I cant afford a spare wheel ATM, so how can I tell when I should change the tyre so I dont risk going out for a bike ride with a tyre that is all been rubbed away on the trainer.Cycling Turbo Trainer - when to change the tyre, I use the same bike in and out?
Depending on your tire your may or may not have wear indicators. Keep an eye on severe wear by continually monitoring tire wear and pay close attention to wear in the center of your tire as it will likely show up as a wide flat area. Keep a close eye out for tire blistering also, hard use on a trainer can cause the rubber and cord to separate. The final thing is when cord shows toss the tire out and get a new one.Cycling Turbo Trainer - when to change the tyre, I use the same bike in and out?
Trainers don't wear a tire that much unless you have knobbies or other aggressive tread. I use a pair of slicks on my trainer and rail trails, works great on both. They go through mud and dirt pretty good but I am not sure about snow and ice. I have 3,000 miles on this tire and no sign of wear at all. The center is smooth and shiny but the tread isn't worn down.



http://www.amazon.com/Kenda-Kross-Front-鈥?/a>
By the tread depth or by wear indicators on a slick. I find in my own experience that the road wears my tires more than my trainer does anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment