Sunday, November 21, 2010

My wheels squeek, not the brakes, I think it happens during all speeds, but very noticeable during low speeds?

I just bought this used car, never noticed any sounds from wheels during test drives, have had for 1 month now and notice squeeks in at least drivers side front wheel, can't return, past 1 month purchase, what could it be? went to carquest and guy didn't seem to know origin, said can't just change tires, could be bearings? what are they? how much$My wheels squeek, not the brakes, I think it happens during all speeds, but very noticeable during low speeds?
Sounds like the wheel bearings to me too. You need to get it fixed ASAP. It can make your wheel come off while driving, and cause a serious accident.My wheels squeek, not the brakes, I think it happens during all speeds, but very noticeable during low speeds?
If you hear the noise when turning the wheel it could be your ball joint has no grease in it.This would also sometimes make noise going over bumps too.Wheel bearings do not really squeak but rather make a dull kind of howl that gets worse the faster you go and changes pitch when you slowly turn your wheel from side to side when your up to speed.Be sure to get this looked at as soon as possible,front end problems can be dangerous.Good luck
i would say it is more than likely the wheel bearings and they are not cheep so if you don't know how to do it i would find some one that does because they are not way hard but you need to know what you are doing
Depends what year,make and model. IF its front wheel drive, I just bought a wheel bearing hub assembly for 64.00 at auto-zone...but mine required 2.6 hours labor to install so, . But they were nice enough to install my part that i bought. I got by with part and labor about 230.00 for a wheel bearing job. This was at a chain store brake shop..Some wheel b. jobs are much more labor friendly and take about an hour on some axles. Yeah, its actually 2 bearings in my kit, inner and outer and the new hub
sounds like you need new front wheel bearings, replace both sides, they are pretty costly, the ones for my grand am were $90 each.
yep that sounds like the bearings. The bearings are big steel ball bearings that the wheels spin on. When one cracks it will often drag against the hub causing that whining/squeeling/squeaking noise u can hear. It could also possibly be from the suspension but thats less likely.
It sounds like your wheel bearings may be going bad. A mechanic could tell ya for sure.
are you sure its not a squeaky fan belt?

No comments:

Post a Comment