Monday, December 12, 2011

Am I a manly man, or a more feminine man.?

I'm a guy and im getting a little irritated on some things .





Here are a few guy traits that i dont have:


-Don't watch sports 24/7


-Don't know how to fix cars, change oil, change tires, basically i know nothing about cars other than putting gas and driving it


-The ';I wear whats there'; attitude, i always look in the mirror to see if the clothes look good


-Not good with directions


-Not as aggressive, cocky, arrogant


-Not tall or dark


-Not the leader type


-Cant handle as much alcohol or beer as a lot of other guys can


-Have to wash my hands after eating greasy *** chips, can just wipe it on my clothes or a tissue, gotta wash my hands


-Dont have a lot of chest hair


-I grow very straight hair, not curly or wavy





Here are a few guy traits that i do have


-Muscular


-Always willing to help people anytime, anywhere.. especially tough jobs


-Can make my girlfriend feel like a real queen


-I can read peoples emotions


-I dont show emotions


-I eat like a beast...literally


-Very humble, but very strong


-I get through things and move on


-I got a great sense of humor


-VERY protective


-Love action movies especially war movies


-Love video games (well world of warcraft lol)


-I think outside the box





as you see i am very self conscious about how manly i am, it sucks because my gf actually possesses some manly traits that i dont have like she watches sports, shes good with directions, she doesnt care about dirt on her hands lol.


i just wanted to know if its common for a guy to posses some feminine traits, because if you saw me in real life you wouldnt think i had them, youd think.... omg he looks like a pitbull...then you talk to me and see that im the nicest person youd ever met.


I just wanted to know if im considered to be more manly or a man with feminine features.Am I a manly man, or a more feminine man.?
Ok, Let's take a look here


-Don't watch sports 24/7


%26gt; Who says you have to? I don't watch sports.





-Don't know how to fix cars, change oil, change tires, basically i know nothing about cars other than putting gas and driving it


%26gt; I know enough to change oil, tires, and some basic fundmentals but I was never a ';grease-monkey'; either. You should learn some basic car skills though...it will save you money on your vehicle.





-The ';I wear whats there'; attitude, i always look in the mirror to see if the clothes look good


%26gt; Clothes make the man, bud. There's nothing wrong with having a couple of outfits that will turn a woman's head (in a good way, that is)





-Not good with directions.


%26gt; Neither am I, I tell my friends to tell me landmarks. Besides, I DO ask for directions. I actually got a phone number that way from a girl working at the gas station once. As long as you get there who cares. Get a GPS if you need to.





-Not as aggressive, cocky, arrogant


%26gt;I'm not cocky or arrogant...but I'm confident when I need to be. I'm sure of myself in the areas that I know I have some solid knowledge or expertise in. Stick to what you know.





-Not tall or dark


-%26gt;I'm 5'10 (I'm the shortest out of all my friends) and I'm lighter skinned.





-Not the leader type


%26gt;Being a follower is ok, but there are times when you need to take charge in the decision making.





-Cant handle as much alcohol or beer as a lot of other guys can.


%26gt;So what? Who says you have to drink? One of my buds doesn't drink and the girls really respect him for it....a lot actually.





-Have to wash my hands after eating greasy *** chips, can just wipe it on my clothes or a tissue, gotta wash my hands


%26gt; A little quirky but Cleanliness is next to Godliness.'





-Dont have a lot of chest hair


%26gt;LOL, who cares? Sports athletes, swimmers, cyclists, UFC fighters dont' have chest hair either.





-I grow very straight hair, not curly or wavy


%26gt;Not sure what that has to do with the manly thing.





Buddy, I don't think you have anything to worry about. It's great that you make your gf feel like a queen. Women love that. Also reading people's emotions isn't what I would call a manly trait..I'd call it insightful.


Being a man, IMHO, is owning up to responsibility and being accountable for what you do and say. This is actually a lot harder than it sounds. Just because you're not into sports or cars just means you're not like everyone else.


Hell, I'm into theater and that's not necesarily manly. I think that you just need a bit of confidence in a few areas.





Also why should you be good with directions when you gf is? That means you can drive and she can navigate. I think you're labelling certain traits to be masculine and feminine based on society's views. Do what you want to do and stand behind your convictions.Am I a manly man, or a more feminine man.?
I swear on my life if you didn't say ';word of warcraft'; , I would have thought you were my fiance. He's EXACTLY how you described and that's VERY ATTRACTIVE. I fell for him because he's not your average guy, he's so much better.








So, be proud! You're the type who are hard to find!
well half the ';traits'; you don;t have aren;t traits at all. Like big deal if you can;t drink that much, it just shows you don;t waste your life on alcohol lol. If you look at me, I'm completely horrible with directions, I like to see if I look good in the clothes I wear, and I do show emotion, and I hate video games, but my friends consider me to be a ';tank'; lol. But I'm also very tall, very muscular, play high level of hockey, willing to work hard, work out a lot, very funny, and I'm not afraid to be a leader. Everything balances out lol. You seem like a normal guy to me, don;t worry about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment